Sunday, August 17, 2008

Traveling With A Toddler

We are back from visiting my sister and her family in NY. No matter where we go, it is never easy traveling with a toddler. I can deal with living out of a suitcase, long hours in the car, and more, but trying to get a toddler to take a nap or to go to bed in a strange place is just rough. We brought our son's blanket, his sleeping bag he naps on at daycare, his special CD that he listens to as he falls asleep, his nightlight, his favorite, book, etc., but none of this matters when it is a strange bed/room/house.

Total time from start of nap until he fell asleep-1.5 hours
Total time from start of bedtime routine until he fell asleep-2 hours

I love visiting my sister, but I am so glad to be home! Hopefully we will all sleep great tonight.

No comments: