Tuesday, August 12, 2008

No, Momma!

After four different appointments, and two actual visits to the portrait studio, we finally got our son's picture taken today for his 2nd birthday. Whew! The first two appointments were cancelled after he managed to cut his face with his nails-TWICE! The third appointment was one we actually went to, but he refused to get his picture taken after only one photo was taken. I believe the flash scared him and he just kept saying, "No, Momma!" He never cried or got upset, but he just refused to stand in front of the camera.

Today was the fourth apppointment and the second one we physically went to. Although it was not easy, we did manage to get some great shots. I have to say the technicians at Sears were great with him both times. I was going to just give up if today went poorly.

I have to say the whole experience was rather frustrating. I kept trying to tell myself to just chalk it up to a 2-year old's fears, but it was rather trying for Mommy as well. Having Daddy there today was also a HUGE help. My son normally LOVES to get his photo taken, but not by those big cameras and flashes. Hopefully by next year he will be over this fear.

I will say it is really worth checking into all of the photo packages and a la carte options that are available at a portrait studio. Although we received a flyer in the mail with what seemed like a great deal, in reality it was going to be more expensive than buying individual sheets through the a la carte menu. We did get to use one coupon for a free 10 x 13 though. Overall we spent around $50 compared to the $70 the deal package would have cost with the extras we wanted or the $120+ package they try to get you to purchase.

-Denise

1 comment:

The Broken Man said...

It is really difficult, isn't it? My wife and I do a bit of photography, and I leave the kiddie photos to her, because I think kids get scared by my beard (or maybe it is the big flashes)!

The Broken Man