Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Finding a Bargain

I have been searching for a few items lately that I really want, but I don't want to spend a lot of money.

1) A Halloween Costume-Yes, Halloween seems forever away, but I learned the hard way last year that you have to shop early if you are looking for a particular costume. Last year I fell in love with the pirate costume from Old Navy, I waited for an upcoming sale, went to the store to save on shipping, and then found out the costume was only available online and was now sold out. I should have just ordered it earlier and not worried about the sale in this case. My desire to get the costume at a lower price caused me to miss out...almost. I did end up finding a used pirate costume from the same store on ebay, but I paid almost the same as a new one to get it and have it shipped. I just had to fall in love with the hot costume for toddlers!

This year, I started looking earlier. We picked a Thomas costume that I found online at Target. It retails for almost $30 plus shipping on their site! This time ebay is my friend. I am getting the costume for less than half that price and shipping is very reasonable.

2) A Purse-I fell in love with a Vera Bradley microfiber purse. I was shocked at the price tag of $90. I again went to ebay and was able to find it for a slight discount including the shipping.


No, I don't buy everything off of ebay, but there are some good deals there if you know what you are looking for. I do comparison shop frequently between online stores, brick and mortar stores, catalogs, and ebay. Saving a few dollars is always worth the extra effort.

B. is going to be such a cute Thomas the Tank Engine! I can only imagine how excited he will be when we show him the costume.

I am off to count the days until my purse arrives!

-Denise

No comments: