Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Overdue Library Books

Over the summer I started taking B. to the library more frequently. He loves getting new books from the library. I have also been getting music on CD as well to check out some new artists before buying CDs. B. is obsessed with The Wiggles, so I like trying out CDs this way to see if he likes them before buying them. There are few artists he will listen to that he doesn't scream over requesting The Wiggles instead. (It is so much fin when you get a Wiggles song stuck in your head all day! Not!) I also have a new addiction to audio books. I never have time to read all of the books I am interested in, so audio books for my 45-minute commute to and from work gives me time to listen to books I have been waiting to read.

In the few months we have been going to the library more frequently, I have also experienced a few overdue fines for a few items. The worst was for a Wiggles DVD (darn Wiggles!) that I had a $2 fine for when I returned it. These fees can add up quickly. For some reason I just can't always remember when our books and CDs are due. When I was reading a blog last night, I read about www.libraryelf.com. (Yes, I once again can't for the life of me remember which one it was and can't give it credit again. Yes, I read a lot of blogs! Maybe my husband is right. Nah!) It is great! You create an account, enter your public library card numbers, and the site emails you reminders when items are getting close to their due dates. I am hoping this well save us a lot of pennies in fines.

-Denise

No comments: