Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Coupons for Troops

Did you know that you can help out our overseas troops simply by sending coupons, even expired ones, to overseas bases? I happened to stumble across an article about this on a blog I was reading. I would give credit to this blog accept I can't remember which one it was. It was a blog I don't normally read, and I can't even remember how I found it. Sorry to this blogger in advance! As my husband likes to tease me, I read too many blogs!

How does it work? I am so glad you want to know! LOL Overseas bases accept current and expired coupons as long as they are only two months out of date, and the base puts them out for the families to take at the stores located on the base. The base stores will take the expired coupons for a few months after the expiration date. It is just a little way to help out these military families that are far away from home. They get to save a few dollars, and we can feel good for helping out in this small way.

I started collecting my expired coupons and even ones from new circulars for products I know I will not use. I have a large manila envelope that I have been filing these away in. At the end of each month, I will separate them and tally them as the organization requests and mail them away. Yes, I do have to pay the postage, but I am okay with this.

If you are interested in getting more information, check out the link below.
http://www.ocpnet.org/

I just adopted Alconbury, U.K., a US Air Force base. I am not on the list yet, but it is really easy to pick a base, send the adoption email, and get started. I'll post what my totals are for the first month in a few weeks.

-Denise

No comments: