Monday, December 22, 2008

Where does corn go?

We received a lot of phone calls from daycare last week. B. had a fever, a rash, bumped his head, and more last week and a half. It was something different every single day. Friday was the most interesting phone call I received at work. The message I received on my voicemail stated that B. stuck a piece of corn up his nose during lunch. Even better yet was that his teachers were not able to get it out. My response out loud was, "You have got to be kidding me!" I had a class in my room at the time that was peer editing essays, so they all had to know what I was talking about. Once they knew, my students were full of suggestions on how to get corn out of my son's nose. Most of them have apparently stuck a variety of items in unusual places at some point in their childhoods. I got to hear way more details than I cared to know.

After a series of phone calls to my son's doctor, daycare, and my husband, it was decided B. needed to go to the ER for corn removal. Just as my husband was preparing to go get him from school, we got the call that the corn came out. Thank goodness! I really was not looking forward to entertaining my son in the ER for hours while we waited to see a doctor.

All weekend long we kept asking B. where corn should go. His two response we liked were, "On my plate," and, "In my mouth." He did say, "In my nose," a few times. We very quickly reminded him that nothing goes in his nose. He made sure to correct us to make sure we knew that boogers were in his nose.

Life with a 2-year old. Fun, fun!

-Denise

No comments: