Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Few Updates

The days are just speeding by me as far as getting ready for the holidays. I feel like I will never get everything purchased and wrapped. I did make a nice dent in my wrapping tonight. That makes me feel just a little more prepared. The tree is up, the house is decorated, and at some point all of the gifts will be ready for giving. I hope you are almost ready for the upcoming festivities.

I posted a few weeks ago about a website called www.anysoldier.com. My family collected items on Thanksgiving day for a soldier and his other unit members. We shipped our packages out the day after Thanksgiving. We were very pleased to receive an email this week saying that our package was delivered and a nice thank you as well. I have been very pleased with this site. The information is kept up-to-date, and it helps soldiers that are so far from home know that they are remembered. The school I work at is now doing a collection for this same organization. We had students write letters the other day and are collecting items over the next few months. We hope to send several packages over the upcoming months. If you want to share some holiday cheer, this might me a nice way to do it.

Tomorrow I will be back with an even easier way to send a soldier a note to say thank you for serving our country.

-Denise

No comments: