Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Old Navy and I Go a Little Greener

I am really trying to be a little greener. I am trying to recycle everything that can be recycled, using reusable water bottles, and trying to be better with wasting electricity (which is a good frugal idea too.) My new focus is trying to use reuseable totes for gorceries and other purchases. I have a few for groceries and plan to add to them by purchasing a few more on each shopping trip. My biggest problem is that I forget to take them out of the trunk of my car before I go into the store. When I do forget, and I get more of plastic bags sent home instead, I save them and reuse them around the house for lining the diaper pail. The ones that aren't not repurposed are collected and taken back to the grocery store and deposited into a recycling bin inside the main doors. Most grocery stores have recycling available for plastic grocery bags. It is easy to do, so give it a try!

One of my favorite stores to purchse my son clothes at is also going a little greener. Old Navy has a stuff a bag sale several times a year. They normally send you a plastic bag in the mail or you can pick one up at the store. Everything you can stuff in the bag is then 20% off at the register. You can save a lot of money with this sale. The next one is coming up November 14-26. Instead of sending another plastic bag into my house, Old Navy mailed me a card to pick up a free, reuseable tote bag for the upcoming sale. I think this is great! While there are still way to many plastic bags being used every day, at least this store is trying to join the green movement. The advertisement I received does say that it is only available in select markets. Luckily my area looks to be included. If you are interested in more information, or want to get a code that can be used online, check out www.oldnavy.com/bag.

No comments: