Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's Begining To Look a Lot Like....

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here. Okay, not really, but I am starting to get prepped for full out shopping and wrapping sessions. We shop throughout the year for deals and special items we see for family members where ever our travels take us. We do have at least 50% of our shopping done, but there is still quite a bit more to do. I made a run to Target this morning and picked up Scotch tape (yes, the brand name stuff) and some metallic rolls of wrapping paper in the dollar spot section. This, added with the paper we bought on sale the day after Christmas last year, will have me set to start wrapping what we have already purchased. I like to do a few big wrapping sessions throughout the weeks leading to Christmas, so I am not toally overwhelmed at the end.

I would probably be wrapping items right now, but our secret hiding place is actually under B.'s crib. He is napping right now, so I will not be waking him to start this project. And yes, after this year we will ahve to find a new hiding place. B. will be a in a big boy bed soon and will be able to search around his room a little more easily. Our little guy isn't so little anymore.

Feel free to ignore Christmas for a few more weeks, or join me and mebracing the craziness that is right around the corner. The 24-hour Christmas channels have already begun their stream of carols. maybe they can get you in a holiday mood.

-Denise

No comments: